As President of MHIMA, I am very pleased to announce the Award Winners for 2017.
The students receiving Scholarship Awards from the Michigan Medical Records Charities are:
- Michelle Turner – Schoolcraft College – supported by Jody Scheller
- Jessica Jarvis – Baker College of Flint – supported by Amy Savage
- Kelly Richardson – Baker College of Flint – supported by Amy Savage
The Yvonne Harbert Student Achievement Award is being awarded to Amanda Steele from Schoolcraft College – nominated by Jody Scheller.
The Mentor Award is being awarded to Paula Hagstrom of Ferris State University.
The Distinguished Member Award is being awarded to Denise Holstege, recently retired HIM Director Mercy Health, Muskegon.
This year’s committee consisted of:
- Erika Bailey – WMHIMA President & Educator
- Brytani Griner – SEMHIMA President
- Kim Ford – MHIMA Member
- Mary Ann Williams – MHIMA Member
MHIMA and its’ members congratulate the award winners and will honor them at the May 19, 2017 Awards Luncheon. We also thank the Michigan Medical Records Charity for their generous scholarship awards and their continued support of our students. Thank you to all the student applicants for applying this year and our wonderful educators for supporting their applications! Also thank you to those that took time to nominate members for Mentor and Distinguished Member Awards.
Virginia “Ginny” Pitts, RN, RHIA