As we begin a new year, MHIMA would like to remind you of some opportunities for reward and recognition in 2019.
The MHIMA Foundation is now accepting Scholarship Award applications and nominations:
- Exam Reimbursement Award, offers partial reimbursement toward the cost of sitting for the RHIT or RHIA exam(s),
- Yvonne Harbert Student Achievement Award, presented each year to an outstanding MHIMA member/student currently enrolled in their final year of an HIT/HIM accredited program; and
- MHIMA Scholarship Award, presented each year to an outstanding MHIMA member/student who will be continuing their studies the next academic year at an HIT/HIM accredited program.
The MHIMA Awards Committee is now accepting Service Award applications and nominations:
- MHIMA Mentor of the Year Award, given annually to the one member of MHIMA who “best exemplifies the ideal image of a mentor”
- MHIMA Distinguished Member Award, which honors a member who has been active at the national, state and regional levels, provided extensive contributions to the HIM profession, and is actively involved with their community and other organizational activities.
Nominations and applications are due March 15, 2019. All winners will be notified by April 1, 2019, and recognized at the 2019 MHIMA Annual Meeting.