Hurley Medical Center
Hurley Medical Center is a 443-bed premier public teaching hospital located in Flint Michigan and is recognized as a regional leader in advanced specialized health care.
Every year, more than 20,000 people choose Hurley for their inpatient hospital care and the Emergency Department handles over 80,000 emergency cases, annually.
Hurley is seeking to hire a Director of Coding / CDI Operations.
- The Director of Coding / CDI Operations works under the general direction of the Sr. Director of Hospital and Professional Coding / Billing Services or designee who reviews work primarily through conferences and reports.
- May take direction from Medical Center administrators on special projects and assignments.
- Exercises direct and functional supervision over employees engaged in medical data reporting revenue cycle projects and activities across all departments in the medical center.
- The responsibility will be to plan, coordinate and manage reporting of medical data consistent with Medical Center needs and external regulatory requirements.
- Provides supervision to HMC employees engaged in the reporting of medical data, assessment clinical documentation, and coding of medical encounters or charts.
- Acts as a resource in areas of expertise, including follow through with training, education, and implementation.
- Ensures readiness and continued compliance throughout HMC of clinical coding requirements.
- Actively encourages buy-in and consensus building. Ensures compliance with all appropriate safety and infection control standards.
- Participates in quality assessment and continuous quality improvement activities
The ideal candidate must have the following requirements:
- Certification as a Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) from the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA)
- Five (5) years coding experience, two (2) years of which must be supervisory experience.
- Knowledge of ICD9/10 and CPT-4 coding systems
- Knowledge of and experience with revenue cycle projects in a health care setting
- Knowledge of governing regulations pertaining to reimbursement including outpatient prospective payment systems, other third party regulations, and utilization review requirements
- Knowledge of the content, structure and maintenance of the Charge Master.
- Knowledge of computer systems and their capabilities relative to coding, billing, and reimbursement monitoring including use of grouper software and the development of longitudinal databases
Preferred Qualifications: Education Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Health Care Administration, Health Information Management, Management, or other related degree.
Compensation/Benefits: Instructions for Resume Submission:
Interested applicants can apply at http://www.hurleymc.com/careers/, to Job ID # 4254 along with their resumes.