St. Clair County Community College
Adjunct, Health Information Technology (HIT)
HIT 208 – ICD-10-CM Coding I & HIT 209 – ICD-10-CM Coding II
St. Clair County Community College is accepting resumes for part-time instructors (adjunct faculty).
If there is not a specific vacancy in your area of interest at this time, your information will be available to the hiring manager for possible future consideration.
Part-Time, on a semester basis
Master’s degree (or higher) rate = $487 per contact hour
Bachelor’s degree rate = $450 per contact hour
Contact hours 4 (depending on course offering)
- Teaching assignment may include a full range of undergraduate courses within the Health Information Technology program
- Teaching responsibilities include teaching, maintaining scheduled office hours, and advising students
- Participation in developing and improving academic courses
- Morning, afternoon, evening and online offerings may be available
Apply online through the “Apply” link listed below. Please fax unofficial copies of college transcripts from ALL institutions attended to 810-989-5577 or e-mail to HR@SC4.edu.
To design and deliver instruction to students
- Prepare and deliver academic instruction, including developing syllabi, developing content and administering assessments
- Maintain and submit necessary class records, including early alert and final grade reports and attendance verification for financial aid compliance
- Participate in student grade appeal procedures
- Observe college calendar
- Post and maintain conference hours
- Participate in assessment of student learning and assessment reporting according to assessment plan
- Bachelor’s Degree in Health Information Management and 4,000 hours non-teaching related work experience; or Bachelor’s Degree in Health Care Administration, Business Management or Medical Records and RHIA or RHIT and 4,000 hours non-teaching related work experience; or Associate Degree in Health Information Management, RHIA or RHIT, 18 hours in Bachelor’s program and 4000 hours non-teaching related work experience.
- Teaching experience at the higher education level preferred
- All academic degrees must be from a regionally accredited college or university
- Ability to maintain good relationships with students, staff, and community members
For Further information, contact SC4 Human Resources at HR@SC4.edu or call 810-989-5534
Apply Online: http://www.sc4.edu/jobs