LHMHIMA Webinar: Social Determinants of Heath, HCCs and Z-Codes
Join LHMHIMA for our upcoming webinar Social Determinants of Heath, HCCs and Z-Codes.
Social Determinants of Health have become increasingly important in terms of value-based care and have become a high priority for payers and government entities. Z-codes are used to capture data on the social needs of their patient population which identify non-medical factors that can have a profound impact on the well-being of your patient population. While HCCs will continue to be the foundation for population health-based reimbursement, new approaches to Health Equity have driven added coding requirements around Z-codes.
This session will:
- Review Social Determinants of Health and how factors such as health literacy, inadequate housing, and inequalities in accessibility to health care can drive poor patient outcomes.
- Revisit HCCs as the foundation for managing patients’ chronic disease burdens and how providers are reimbursed to care for these populations.
- Cover Z-codes which are the ICD-10 encounter reason codes used to document Social Determinants of Health data.
- Discuss changes in technology and artificial intelligence being developed to adapt to changes in coding requirements.
Attendees will have a better understanding of how Health Equity plays a major part in patient outcomes, how HCCs continue to be the foundation for reimbursement around population health, and how Z-codes help tell the whole patient story.
September 20, 2022
12:00 PM – 1:00 PM EST
* This event will also be available on-demand after the live webinar.
- LHMHIMA Member – $15.00
- Non-Member – $25.00
- Student – $5.00
Registration will close at 11:59 PM ET on December 31, 2022.