Develops the annual risk based coding audit plan (facility and professional services) in collaboration with the System Director of Internal Audit and the Coding Audit Staff. Responsible for completing coding audits and the day-to-day supervision of the Coding Audit Staff to ensure completion of the annual coding audit plan. Includes but not limited to Coding Audit Staff supervision, regulatory and sub-regulatory (guidance) analysis (as applicable), quality review of audit report summaries, oversight and sharing of educational materials, presentations related to audit findings, and development of a follow up mechanism to ensure management action plans are implemented. Ensures Coding Audit Staff obtain necessary training to maintain professional proficiency and that coding audit plan continues to focus on appropriate risk areas. Support the Compliance team with coding education as necessary and appropriate.
- AHIMA Certified Coding Credentials (CCS and/or CCS-P) or Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) or Registered Health Information Technical (RHIT).
- Bachelor Degree in Health or Business related field.
- 5-7 years coding (facility/professional).
- Comprehensive knowledge of all current coding (IP, SP, OP, E/M) and payment systems (DRG, OPPS, APCs, physician reimbursement).
- Master Degree
- AHIMA approved ICD-10-CM & PCS trainer
- Previous audit and supervisory experience
Instructions for Resume Submission:
Forward resume to Robert.KinsmanJr@beaumont.org