MHIMA RHIT or RHIA Certification Award Examination Reimbursement
POLICY: The Michigan Health Information Management Association through Michigan Medical Record Charities is offering a partial reimbursement award toward the cost of sitting for the RHIT (Registered Health Information Technician) or RHIA (Registered Health Information Administrator) exam. Each winner will receive the approved amount. This policy will be reevaluated each year to determine effectiveness. The award amount for each reimbursement will be determined annually by the MMRC Board based on availability of funds.
1. The applicant must be an active AHIMA/MHIMA member.
2. The applicant must have selected Michigan as the CSA state of membership.
3. The applicant must have graduated from an accredited HIM/HIT/HIA program.
4. The HIM graduate must sit for and pass the RHIT or RHIA exam within 6 months of completing the HIM program.
5. A copy of the exam scorecard must accompany the application.
6. The application and paperwork for reimbursement is the sole responsibility of the graduate.
Terms and Instructions:
- The applicant must submit a completed application form, and include a copy of their scorecard which will serve as a receipt for proof of payment, and college transcripts.
- Certification Awards will be randomly drawn, in a lottery-type fashion:
- Applicants will be awarded annually in the Spring and Fall
- All applications are available online and must be submitted via online application process at our website: www.mhima.org
- All applications must be submitted online by the following dates:
- Spring Award submitted by March 15th
- Fall Award submitted by September 15th
Any questions please call or email Linda Monusko: 231-767-9717 or email@example.com
The winners will be published in Focus and announced at the MHIMA Annual Meeting.
Please complete the form above so that your request may be processed. All names received by the due date will be included in a random lottery type drawing two times a year. Requests for reimbursement should be within 90 days from the date of passing the exam.