Exam Reimbursement Award
Description: The MHIMA Foundation is offering a partial reimbursement award toward the cost of sitting for the RHIT (Registered Health Information Technician) or RHIA (Registered Health Information Administrator) exam. The award amount for each reimbursement will be determined annually by the MHIMA Foundation based on the availability of funds. Each winner will receive the approved amount.
1. The applicant must be an active AHIMA/MHIMA member.
2. The applicant must have selected Michigan as the CSA state of membership.
3. The applicant must have graduated from an accredited HIM/HIT/HIA program.
4. The HIM graduate must sit for and pass the RHIT or RHIA exam within 6 months of completing the HIM program.
5. A copy of the exam scorecard must accompany the application.
6. The application and paperwork for reimbursement is the sole responsibility of the graduate.
How to Apply:
- The applicant must submit a completed application form, and include a copy of their exam scorecard which will serve as a receipt for proof of payment.
The winners will be published in Focus and announced at the MHIMA Annual Meeting.
Please complete the form above so that your request may be processed. All names received by the due date will be included in a random lottery-type drawing two times a year. Requests for reimbursement should be within 90 days from the date of passing the exam.